My Blog List

Sunday, May 26, 2019

Hypervinylator: synthwave music to make sense of my life

Hi!

This is a self-promotion post, which I assume is within bounds of reason and the rules of this subreddit.

I'd like to invite you all to listen to my fairly new synthwave project Hypervinylator.

Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epDeq6c-miM (link to a song)

Soundcloud:

https://soundcloud.com/hypervinylator/tracks

I found the joy of synthwave with FM-84 album Atlas, so I'm a fairly late comer to this party (story of my life). This genre seemed to immediately feel like home to me, so I've been writing songs since then. I've had some other work in the way, but finally I'm starting to get things done!

I've always had problems with memory, as in I can't remember much from my childhood. Anything over two days old just blurs into one mess in my head, so I need some anchors to keep my past life in order. For example, I've kept many old work and rent contracts, just to see the dates of when anything happened. That way I have a way of pinning certain events on my timeline.

Hypervinylator evolved into another way of anchoring my past moments and emotions. Each song is connected to a certain event or feeling that I've had, and carries that meaning to me whenever I play it back. Music is really powerful in engaging different parts of the brain, so it's been really helpful to make songs that tie one moment in time into rhythm, notes and harmonies. Working on Hypervinylator songs is equal part creative expression and identity preservation for me.

Please, if you like my songs, add them to your playlists, share with like-minded friends, subscribe to my channel, write comments etc. All that helps me build an audience! Thank you very much for your attention and keep riding the wave!

I welcome any comments or questions!



Submitted May 26, 2019 at 09:24AM by freyelise http://bit.ly/2Eyo486

No comments:

Post a Comment