My Blog List

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

I want some insight from the passionate people here on what is the best term to use in my outrun project

Ok so for my bachelor's degree in visual arts I'm making a short animation that is supposed to embody the outrun/synthwave/retrowave atmosphere (80's car driving through wireframe cities in the night, the iconic sun is there, a lot pink and purple etc.), and in the written essay I am not sure how to express myself.

I mean, synthwave/retrowave/outrun are all the same term for this genre of electronic music (or so I learn from Wikipedia), right? But I am trying to talk about a whole concept, should I still refer to it as, let's say, synthwave? (just picked one from the three)

Or is there a bigger concept that has those visual elements as well, should I refer to Cyberpunk or Retrofuture?

I am really confused on how to name the concept that I'm animating, what's your advice?



Submitted June 11, 2019 at 07:53AM by agatathenormalgirl http://bit.ly/2MFhrr9

No comments:

Post a Comment