My Blog List

Friday, August 23, 2019

Just found out about Synthwave through Sunset Radio

Hello Outrun!

Tonight while browsing the web Google Music suggested a new release, and while I usually don't listen to new releases, the album cover prompted me to give it a try.

It was Sunset Radio by Lucy in Disguise. What a great revelation that was! It really reminded me of the Drive soundtrack, which I loved. So I went and tried to read about the band/artist, but to my surprise, I couldn't find any Wikipedia article, strange. Alright, so then I tried to find some information which lead me to a post here from a year ago which transcribed an interview with the artist.

Now I see the banner and think, humm... that really is reminiscent of Drive... So I read the sidebar, check out the link to the explanation of Synthwave.

BOOM! The awesome music from Drive and the great new album I listened to have a genre of it's own that isn't just "electronic"? I'm gonna have a field day listening to my new favorite genre! =)

So to conclude, I'd just like to thank everyone here, you've made my day by showing me that new side of music!



Submitted August 23, 2019 at 10:23PM by QC8472 https://ift.tt/2HpOBWG

No comments:

Post a Comment