My Blog List

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Had a realization after listening to Pertubator's "Neo Tokyo"

The opening sounded very familiar but I couldn't place my finger on it. I've been watching a lot of horror movies lately so I assumed it reminded me of one of those soundtracks. At first I thought it might be Zombi 2, but after listening through that soundtrack realized it wasn't. Well just earlier today I was listening to the soundtrack from Demons (1985), composed by Claudio Simonetti. The third track on the score, Cruel Demon, played and I thought it sounded a bit like Neo Tokyo, so I compared the two. Lo and behold, Neo Tokyo samples Demons! I just thought I'd share that fun realization and also wanted to give a shoutout to Perturbator; I actually discovered the movies Videodrome and From Beyond, two of my favorite horror classics, from references and samples in his music.



Submitted October 20, 2019 at 09:47PM by enragedbreathmint https://ift.tt/35T7wUm

No comments:

Post a Comment