My Blog List

Monday, June 29, 2020

What's happened to VHS Dreams?

I've not been able to reach out to George but there is something weird I have noticed, which was also mentioned in another thread somewhere I think?

A little while ago I noticed that some of his tracks started disappearing from Spotify, mainly from the Trans AM album. I also noticed that the VHS Dreams EP was removed as well. The tracks that went missing were ones that were worked on collaboratively with other artists, such as Satori in Bed and Alpharisc.

This removal then spread to all streaming platforms - Apple, Deezer, etc. Just - gone. The original album - released by Future 80's - was removed and replaced with a 7 track version of the same album - this time "VHS Dreams Foundation". Some people then reported some of the tracks sounding "altered" (different beat, etc). I can confirm that Miami 2k15 has an altered beat, and R.E.D.M and Nightdrive also sound different in equalisation.

I posted on the VHSDreamsOfficial Facebook page, just to make him aware that it disappeared, but got no response. Now, it seems that the Facebook and Twitter accounts have been completely deleted.

Could this be something more sinister going on, like a lawsuit or something? Was just really strange how it all just disappeared followed by the pulling of social media accounts!



Submitted June 29, 2020 at 08:42AM by jackdowsonuk https://ift.tt/2VwZVaO

No comments:

Post a Comment