My Blog List

Sunday, September 27, 2020

What would an outrun setting/world look like?

I've been thinking about this for a while. Honestly I feel like the idea of outrun and the imagery used by synthwave as a whole is somewhat etheral and hard to pin down.

But, I'd love to play a videogames or sees movie or read a graphic novel with an outrun aesthetic. Thing is, while there are some examples people use, most of them are more 'it fits' than 'it IS outrun'.

So, say you were creating a setting. What, to you, is needed to make it outrun? His specific would it be, or how open is it to different genres? Could you have an Outrun fantasy movie? Could you have an Outrun sci-fi videogame? Could you have an Outrun noir comic?

If you pick one, do the others also work, or is it a limited genre?

How would you make a sci-fi world/story Outrun? I mean, I love a countach or testarossa but if having one is the requirement to be Outrun, that kinda limits it to real world settings...



Submitted September 27, 2020 at 08:25PM by stargorger https://ift.tt/337Izp1

No comments:

Post a Comment