My Blog List

Sunday, May 24, 2020

Streaming Guidance

Hey all,

Longtime lurker on my old account, finally decided to embrace the reddit lifestyle as fully as my synthwave dreams, as of late. You only live once.

I've never really been big into streaming (either as a streamer or a watcher, as most streaming content doesn't interest me) but in these wild times, I've had an itch to change things up. One of my favorite activities has always been going for a long night drive with a good playlist for outrunning, and especially during the pandemic, it's one of the few things I can still do that gets me out of the house and out of my head while still giving me the alone time that I need. Unsurprisingly, I'm subscribed to a lot of YouTubers that post synthwave/outrun/retrowave(/etc.) longplays and I often put these on while I drive, if I don't have a good, curated playlist queued up. It occurred during a 1am longdrive last week that, hell, people like to listen to longplays and they also enjoy, like, streaming people doing simple, soothing things - especially during these trying times. I figured it would be cool to start livestreaming my drives as I listen to music, posting the playlist in the comments, etc. And so...

Question: what's the best way to get into streaming (i.e. being a streamer, not a watcher)? I'm not getting into it because I think I'm going to get rich or get a million followers. Even if it's only just one or two people watching, that's enough for me (and I'm vain enough that having recordings of me doing nothing is not the end of the world, haha). Sometimes you wanna just watch somebody do a thing and vibe to good music, you know?

As a random test a while ago, I DID try to see if I could do a live broadcast from my YouTube account, but YouTube didn't let the stream go up because I don't have any subscribers - evidently there's a minimum threshold for streaming that I didn't know about. My default at this point would be to stream on Reddit, though I'm not sure of the logistics. Hence this post - I am trying to put it to the community I want to reach that might be interested in the content, to find out the preferred way of consuming that content. I like to get a bit educated and plan a thing before I dive headfirst into said thing.

If this seems stupid, also feel free to say so, haha.

Anyway, cheers, and thanks for the thoughts!



Submitted May 24, 2020 at 11:00PM by MasterEridax https://ift.tt/3d3t58e

No comments:

Post a Comment